Sunday, March 31, 2013

What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles #1) by Kat Zhang



This book has gotten so much hype lately around the booktube community! May I say this cover is absolutly breathtaking! This is Kat Zhang's first novel and I must say it was pretty good. Now there were some things I loved and some things I hated. Let's start with the things I loved! This plot is so unique and so new I can't see how anyone wouldn't want to give this book a try! Here's a synopsis of the book below from Goodreads:

 Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.

Eva and Addie were very likeable characters and I felt their emotions as if I were them. I felt that Eva was more likeable though. I felt for Eva. Now lets get to the things that I didn't like. The romance.. We all know in every YA novel there is a romance. I felt that it fell a little dry and it potrayed no emotion to me. Another thing is the P.O.V between 1st person and 3rd person was alittle confusing to me at times. All in all this was a very enjoyable read and it ended on a cliffhanger. Which leads me hungry for a sequel! I give this book 3 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment